5 Ways to Catch your Manager’s Attention
- Be positive – Managers appreciate employees who create solutions, not complain about problems. If you need to address something negative, provide an idea to resolve the problem. Managers look for employees who have a positive attitude that does not complain.
- Be reliable – Reliability is so important in the workplace. Are you on time? Do you complete tasks by their deadline? Managers want to know that if they assign you a project, they can rest assured knowing that you will complete the task on time and meet expectations.
- Be friendly – Personality can go a long way in the workplace. Managers want to work with people they can get along with and who get along well with others on the team. Being friendly can go a long way to creating a positive impression in the workplace.
- Be proactive – It’s so important to be proactive in the workplace. Don’t sit and wait for an assignment; look for ways to improve the business. Catch your manager’s attention this way, and they will take notice of your ambition if you go out of your way to look for things to do. This will set you apart from your colleagues.
- Be coachable – Sometimes, your manager will have to deliver constructive criticism or talk to you about your performance. Make sure to be receptive to feedback. You need to be able to take the feedback and work to improve without taking it personally.
Follow these five tips, and you will catch your manager’s attention and stand out in the workplace!